Full of fruits, vegetables, fats, and protein, this smoothie bowl is so tasty and filling! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
Smoothie bowls are an easy way to get multiple food groups in one meal or snack. This paleo smoothie bowl contains fruit, a vegetable, a little protein and some healthy fats. And it feels like such a treat! It's almost like having dessert!
How to Make a Paleo Smoothie Bowl
The directions are straightforward and simple. It's important to note that the ingredients should be frozen. Using frozen bananas, frozen berries, and frozen spinach are key in getting a thick smoothie. If you use raw banana, the smoothie will be thinner and better to drink than spooning out of a bowl.
The issue with using frozen ingredients is that it can be harder on the blender. If you're having this issue, simply let the ingredients rest in the blender at room temperature for a few minutes. It'll soften enough that you can blend it. If you have a plunger with your blender, use it when blending the smoothie. It's best to not add more liquid as that also will make the smoothie thinner.
When the smoothie is blended, scoop it into a serving bowl. Sprinkle the top with berries, sliced banana, almond slices, and shredded coconut. There are many other foods that can be used as toppings, so feel free to experiment!
This healthy and filling food can be eaten any time of day. Enjoy!
Paleo Smoothie Bowl
- 1 High-powered blender
- 1 Easy Mixed Berry Spinach Banana Smoothie using frozen fruit and spinach
- 1/2 cup berries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp almonds, sliced or slivered
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- Make the smoothie according to the recipe using frozen bananas, berries, and spinach. It's important for ingredients to be frozen to get a thicker smoothie for the smoothie bowl. If your blender is having trouble blending, either let the ingredients sit at room temperature for a couple minutes or use the blender plunger to stir while blending. It's best not to add more nut milk as this will make the smoothie thinner.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl. Top with berries, banana slices, almond slices or slivers, and coconut shreds.