Deliciously crisp, sweet and salty, these pecans are perfect as a snack, or on a salad, fruit, or dessert!
Summer is a great time for salads, fruits, and summertime desserts. And a great addition to any of those is candied pecans! They provide extra crunch and flavor, as well as a little protein and healthy fat.
These coconut sugar candied pecans take little effort to make. It's a quick and simple recipe with a little bit of baking time.
If you prefer using honey rather than coconut sugar, see my recipe for honey candied pecans.
What to Know When Make Coconut Sugar Candied Pecans
This recipe is simple so doesn't require too much additional detail. But it's good to keep in mind a few key items.
- Use fresh pecans. It's important that the pecans aren't old or have a rancid flavor as this will affect the final result.
- When placing on the parchment lined baking sheet, spread them out so they are not overlapping. This will help get the most crisp pecans.
- When stirring after 20 minutes, it's helpful to flip the pecans over so each side is exposed during baking.
- Let completely cool prior to storing.
Try these pecans on a variety of foods or just as is for a snack. Enjoy!
To store, place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Coconut Sugar Candied Pecans
- parchment paper
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the pecans and stir again so each pecan is well coated.
- Pour pecans onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread them out so they are not touching. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir the pecans (or flip each one over), then continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. It helps to slide the parchment paper directly onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.