A light, summery strawberry treat with a touch of sweetness.
It's a beautiful time of year when fresh strawberries are at their peak. Getting them from a farm is the best, but store bought are a treat too. This delicious sweet but not too sweet dessert is light and airy, making a wonderful summery treat.
How to Make Paleo Strawberry Fool
This recipe takes little time to make but includes a bit of chill time. Giving it proper chill time ensures that the flavors have infused more. I like to make this the day ahead to get the best flavor.
The first step is to make the coconut milk whipped cream. After the whipped cream is light and creamy, place it in the refrigerator while focusing on the strawberries. Wash and dry the strawberries, then place them in a food processor. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend until it is pureed. Add the pureed strawberries to the coconut whipped cream and stir to combine. Then pour into 4 small containers, such as half pint ball jars. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
Add some fresh mint or sliced strawberries to your paleo strawberry fool. It makes a wonderful summer dessert or afternoon snack. Enjoy!
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Paleo Strawberry Fool
- 1 food processor
- coconut whipped cream
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh mint or strawberry slices for garnish
- Make the coconut milk whipped cream in a medium sized bowl. Place in the refrigerator. (click link for recipe)
- Wash and dry the strawberries and remove the tops. (If you would like to garnish with strawberry slices, remove about 2 strawberries to use for the slices.) Place in a food processor, then add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Blend the strawberry mixture until is pureed.
- Add pureed strawberries to the whipped cream. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour into 4 small containers such as half pint ball jars. Cover each container and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours and preferably overnight. (see notes)
- Garnish with fresh mint or strawberry slices prior to serving.